HOTEL JEN SHOWS HOW TO “LEAVE BORING BEHIND” WITH ENERGETIC DESTINATION EXPERIENCES
4 August 2016
Hotel Jen unveils a series of destination-centric offers to help adventurous travellers seize the day, meet the locals and explore the city when they stay at one of the 10 Hotel Jen properties in Asia Pacific. This launch kicks off the brand’s new “Leave Boring Behind” campaign together with the release of fresh video content.
“Hotel Jen was launched by Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts two years ago to cater to today’s independent travellers who are passionate about discovering new places, cultures and experiences,” said Marisa Aranha, vice president of sales and marketing for Hotel Jen. “The brand was inspired by a virtual persona, Jen, who is a professional hotelier with a love for travel and life. We regard our guests as ‘friends of Jen’ and want to help them explore hidden gems and re-discover the magic of travel.”
Available now until September 30, 2016, the “Leave Boring Behind” packages include a specially chosen activity that will enable curious jetsetters to delve deeper into a destination. Prices start from US$80++ and include late check-out, accommodation and daily buffet breakfast for two people. Members of the Shangri-La Golden Circle loyalty programme will earn double award points when they book this package.
The destination activities available through the “Leave Boring Behind” packages include:
- Malaysia – Cruise amongst mangroves, catch crabs or harvest mussels in a kampung (small village) in Johor or hop onto a trishaw for an all-you-can-eat durian feast in Penang.
- Manila, Philippines – Ride handcrafted bamboo bicycles on a guided tour of Intramuros, Manila’s historic centre and old walled city.
- Singapore – Sample local specialities and sight-see from the comfort of a GOURMETbus or get refreshed in the thrilling slides and pools at Adventure Cove Waterpark.
- Maldives – Visit Vilimalé City, including the fish market and old mosque, for a glimpse of everyday life in the Malé capital.
- Brisbane, Australia – Spot majestic humpback whales from a catamaran as they breach and play in Moreton Bay in winter.
- Greater China – Explore Beijing and its historic hutongs on foot, enjoy traditional North Korean cuisine and cultural performances in Shenyang or be dazzled by the evening lights of Hong Kong on board a classic junk.
To encourage travellers to move away from tourist traps and generic activities, an international community of “Jensetters” who are creative resident experts will share their insider knowledge on the cities where Hotel Jen is present. Published on Instagram, these eclectic insights will revolve around native rituals, after-hours activities, food and art.
About Hotel Jen
Catering to a new generation of independent travellers, the Hotel Jen brand delivers quality, comfort and value with a playful twist and friendly service. Hotel Jen embraces the love for life and travel, helping adventurous souls explore and discover. Launched in 2014, Hotel Jen offers 10 vibrant hotels in some of the best locations across Asia Pacific, including Singapore; Hong Kong; Beijing and Shenyang in mainland China; Manila; Penang and Johor in Malaysia; and Malé, Maldives. New Hotel Jen properties have been announced for Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia, with development projects under consideration in gateway cities in Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.hoteljen.com or join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Director of Brand Marketing Communications, Hotel Jen
+852 2599 3497